The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical Cadre, commonly known as the IBPS Clerk Exam. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates for clerical positions in various public sector banks in India. Here’s some information about the IBPS Clerk Exam:
- Purpose: The IBPS Clerk Exam is conducted to select candidates for the clerical cadre in participating banks. Clerks perform various administrative and customer service tasks in banks.
- Participating Banks: Public sector banks and financial institutions that participate in the IBPS Clerk recruitment process include Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, and others.
- Educational Qualification : Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks
- Age Limit : Minimum of 20 years and maximum of 28 years OBC: 31 Years, SC/ST: 33, PwD: 38,
- Gross Salary: 735,000 45,000
|No||Section||No.of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Name of Test||No.of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- English Language: Comprehension, Sentence formation, Tenses, Usage of words, Meanings and opposites, Ordering. Prepositions, Sentence correction, Errors.
- Numerical Ability & Quantitative Aptitude: Numbers, Percentage, Permutation and combination, Probability, H.C.F. and L.C.M, Profit and loss, Roots and averages, Speed, Time and distance, Volume and surface area, Time and work, Ratio and Proportion, Compound Interest and Simple Interest, Data interpretation-pie chart, line graphs, bar graphs, and tabulation.
- Reasoning Ability: Number series, Letters and symbols, Theme detection, Cause and effect, Verbal classifications, Analyzing arguments, Statements and assumptions, Course of action, Statement and conclusion, Analogies, Logical problems, Puzzles, Seating arrangements, Input-output, Blood relations, Syllogism, Alphanumeric series Inequalities.
- General/Financial Awareness: Financial terms, Banking terms, Awards, Banking transactions, Books and authors, Economy concepts related to the banks, National and international current affairs, Science and technology, Sports, Abbreviations in banking sector, Banking Terminology, Current events.
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude: Number series, Letters and symbols, Theme detection, Cause and effect, Verbal classifications, Analyzing arguments, Statements and assumptions, Course of action, Statement and conclusion, Analogies, Logical problems, Puzzles, Seating arrangements, Input- output, Blood relations, Syllogism, Alphanumeric series, Inequalities.