MPSC Prelim exam details
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) conducts the State Service Examination (SSE) for various posts in the state government administration. The SSE consists of two stages: the Preliminary Exam and the Main Exam.
Here are some details about the MPSC Preliminary Exam:
1. Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
2. Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 19 years, and the maximum age limit is 40 years. Age relaxation is provided for certain categories.
3. Exam Pattern: The MPSC Preliminary Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
– Paper 1: General Studies – 200 marks (Objective Type)
– Paper 2: Civil Services Aptitude Test – 200 marks (Objective Type)
4. Exam Duration: Each paper is conducted for two hours.
5. Marking Scheme: There is a negative marking of 1/4th of the marks for every wrong answer.
6. Syllabus: The syllabus of the MPSC Preliminary Exam covers topics related to current events, history, geography, economics, politics, and general science.
7. Application Process: The MPSC releases notifications regarding the application process and exam dates on its official website. Candidates can apply online by filling in the application form and paying the requisite fee.
I hope this information helps. For more detailed information and updates, please visit the official MPSC website.