What is UPSC Civil Services Exam?
Civil Services Examination is conducted by Public Union Service Commission and Civil Services Examination, is a nationwide competitive examination through this competition Indian Administrative Service IAS, Indian Forest Service (IFS), Indian youth are selected for IFS and Indian Police Service (IPS) and other civil services.
Every year Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts a recruitment examination for the selection of officers, in the following services
These services are as follows All India Services, Group A, Group B services.
A) All India Services
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS Officer)
- Indian Police Service (IPS Officer)
- The Indian Forest Service (IFS Officer)
B) Group A Services
- Indian Foreign Service Officer
- Revenue service officer
- Corporate Law Service Officer
- Audit and accounting services officer
- Civil accounts officer
- Railway accounts officer
- Defense accounts officer
- Finance, Postal and Wire Accounts Officer
- Postal Service Officer
- Ordnance Factory Administrative Officer
- Defense Estates Service Officer
- Railway Protection Force Administrative Officer
C) Group B Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Officer (DANICF)
- Pondicherry Civil Service and Police Service Officer
UPSC exam eligibility
To apply for the UPSC Civil Services exam, candidates should have passed Graduation in any field. It is not mandatory to pass in any particular subject for this exam, for this, the criteria for students is they should have to Pass Graduation in any Subject. In this exam those students who are in the final years of their graduation i.e. appearing candidate of final year graduation exam can also apply for UPSC Civil Services.
How Many Times can Apply for the UPSC Exam ?
sit in UPSC Civil Services exam OR How many times can give UPSC Civil Services exam:
- General category students can give this UPSC civil services exam 6 times
- OBC students 9 times
- There is no rule for the candidates of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Jamaatis can take the Civil Services Examination
- Today Nationality Bar for Indian Administrative Service
- Indian become Indian Service and students applying for Indian Police Service must be Indian citizens
- For all other services
- India Citizens of Nepal Citizens of Bhutan Citizens of Bhutan Refugees from Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962
Age Limite for UPSC Exam ?
There is a limited age limit The Minimum age of the candidate to apply for the Civil Services Examination is 21 years. and the maximum age has been fixed at 32 years, SC and ST students are given age relaxation of 5 years, OBC students are given 3 years age relaxation in the military field. Candidates who have served are given an age relaxation of 5 years.
|Category||Maximum Age Limit||No. of Attempts Allowed|
|General / EWC||32 Years||6|
|OBC||32 Years ( 3 Years Relaxation)||9|
|SC / ST||37 Years ( 5 Years Relaxation)||Till the age limit|
|Physically Disabled Candidates||42 Years ( 10 Years Relaxation)||General/ OBC 9 Attempts SC/ST
Unlimited Age Limit